Rise Up!


     We are about a month into a new season and with the past weekend having been Easter, I'm inspired to explore the idea of resurrection. I am not a religious person so my observation of Easter is not traditional. But then, is anything I do or have ever done truly traditional? HA! Nope.
I am extremely spiritual though. I am someone who celebrates seasons, moon cycles, astrological trajectories and phenomena, fire rituals, heart sightings, animal totems and can find meaning and symbology in just about anything. I seek it out; life is too fascinating not to. Basically, I practice Courtology.

      Being such an individual, I love the idea of resurrection ... rebirth, resurgence, restoration. I am completely enamored with the mythology of the Phoenix.... building oneself back up out of the ashes. Because let's face it, that IS life. Change is the constant. Life IS fire and deconstruction (not destruction) and reconstruction. "Some women (people) are lost in the fire. Some women (people) are built from it." - Michelle K. Some  ... BE BUILT FROM IT. I mean, right?!

      Thanks (or no thanks depending on your perspective) to the Book of Face, I see my posts from last year. Everything about my life a year ago looked completely different. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. Last year's fire burned away layers and stories so I could get honest with myself ... and build myself into this new incarnation. I'm still in a state of shock at how beautifully it all fell apart and fell into place at the same time. But mostly, I'm in a state of constant gratitude for my life at this moment. And because I am now happily settling into this new juiciness and excited for what's to come, I've begun looking more specifically at what I want (or maybe need) to resurrect within me. 

         For one, my job ends in six months. It was always meant to be an 18 month contract gig, and that finish line is quickly approaching. Sooner rather than later I will begin quietly panicking about the potential of being jobless for any length of time and the state of my finances. Unlike when I took this job, I took it almost entirely for the benefit of someone else. I do not begrudge that, it was appropriate at the time. However, I'm hoping to manifest an opportunity or opportunities more aligned with me.
      The first thing I've done to say "Universe, I'm ready!" is to publish a new book of poetry, The Nefelibata. Not that I expect any big sales from it, or any sales at all actually. It was more the act of doing it and putting it out there. I am extremely proud of this work, more so than I've been of any of my other books, and I wanted to celebrate that in a tangible way.


Available here
Secondly, I'm going to a Somatic Movement Improvisation class tonight... my first dance class in about three years. Yikes! but also YAAAYY!      It's not that I expect the book or the class to bring me the job of my dreams, nor will I even be disappointed if I end up taking another job that is run of the mill. Yet, I firmly believe in the cycle of magic that is created when you put yourself out there, and also when you do the things that feed your soul.

  .... I know I'm not alone...I know several people right now who are either coming out of a fire and settling into their NEW whatever .... or they are skirting the flames and meditating on what they want the other side to look like.




Sooooooooo .... what is YOUR life, your heart, your belly fire asking you to resurrect?
RISE. UP!






















Comments

Popular Posts