365 days and 180°




My year anniversary of moving to Savannah, Georgia was last week, as of the 27th, and this week is my work anniversary. As I have written before, neither of these are sentiments I ever expected to be able to claim... for several reasons.

I thought this move was going to be transient, period … a means to an end for a relationship that ironically ended up falling apart in the process. I spent 2016 waiting; waiting for someone, waiting to make a move, waiting for my life to resume … somewhere else. I guess patience really is a virtue because in the end all that waiting paid off, just not in the way I expected. I received crystal clarity, peace, family, big love and laughter in spades… all culminating in the incredible potential to resume a new version of my life HERE. {And someone did show up – someone I never ever expected.} Things are now really falling into place in such a lovely way.
The sense of ease and peace that is showing up for me here is so new to my person that I cannot fully describe it, but it is deeeeeep. I feel of real use here. I feel seen. (*Literal side note, I shot a 10 second spot for a local TV commercial yesterday, LOL)  Not that I haven’t experienced those things before, but it was on a lesser level because it never seemed enough. I always felt like I needed to be more of something… or all things. That seems to be dissipating here. I feel okay. But like, O-K-A-Y! I feel perfectly enough. I feel calm. I also feel myself shifting; shifting away from thought and behavior patterns that no longer serve me or more accurately probably never served me. Ha! Maybe it's the slower pace ... maybe it's the calm of the surrounding creeks, rivers and marshes ... maybe it's the diversity ... maybe it's the love of a family I'd been away from for too long ... maybe it's the heart of a man I've known for lifetimes ... Methinks it's a combination of all of the above.



      One of my best friends came for the weekend a few weeks ago, the first of my California family to see me here, and my reaction to his visit surprised me. California has been in my blood and bones for so long it’s been practically impossible to imagine life anywhere else. But instead of his presence making me homesick for Cali, I felt home-proud of my new city. It made me excited to drag the rest of our crew over and down to the dirty south and be able to make our little family bi-coastal….
Becaaaauuuussse as of this morning my rental application was approved and on Monday I will sign the lease for a 2 bedroom duplex! …just in time for another of my besties to come hang with me for the Savannah Stopover Music Festival in March. *jazz hands emoji*

      It is hard for me to realize and admit that it has been more than 3 years since I lived on my own … since I was actually able to. Aside from the fact that I was in a relationship while living in England, the job I had there (which I absolutely adored) would not have afforded me the option to move out on my own. And until the very recent raise I’ve received for kicking ass and taking names at work and the addition of some part time work I had not been able to leave my sister’s house this past year. That has been a bitter pill for an independent woman to swallow … it did not go down well or at all … it got stuck in my throat and disintegrated painfully slow leaving a very bad aftertaste. Since being reunited with my furbaby, Zoe, and since opening my heart to someone new the time was right to make my move. It might still be a smidge of a stretch for me … but one I am happy and grateful and proud to make.

        And I get to decorate my new abode from my new head and heart space which means it’ll be a little sparser - less convoluted, more blue tones for the clarity and calm - and a clean start across the board. I get quite verklempt thinking of the 180 degree shift these 365 days have gifted me.

I’m back.
And my door is open kids, so get your asses down here!


"Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn, then ALWAYS be a unicorn."
XOXO



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts