#ThankYouThursday

     It's the teeniest tiniest 'victories' like the one I received this morning that are like throwing a can of lighter fluid on my artistic fire. I use air quotes because it's not that I need the recognition or validation about any of my work anymore (thank you 36.) However, it is nice when the words and thoughts that compel me to sculpt them into a form I call poetry also moves someone else. It is a lovely surprise to wake up to. This is the second poem of mine that Spill Words Press has published online. They post some incredible work and I invite you all to take a look and follow them on Twitter!


     2016 has certainly been an interesting and unexpected year both personally and collectively and probably because of that my wordsmith game has been strong. And since being in Savannah - a town of grand elders (i.e the live oaks), soothing river and ocean waters, history and mystery - it has inspired my purple pen greatly. So here is the poem of the day....






 
Thank you Spill Words Press for sharing my musings!






P.S. -- I know many of us are probably still reeling from the election's outcome...and I say that no matter who you voted for. I know for me that I still feel sad, scared, confused and still a bit paralyzed. And while I intend for those feelings to fuel action for the things I believe in once I've processed it all, it's important that I remember to not come from a place of anger... because really, anger is another layer of fear. Rather, I want to 'be the light' in all my actions. So I share one more quick thought dressed as a haiku.


In election year,
we are hostages - drugged by
narcotics of fraud.

We want to believe,
desperate for a hero -
someone to save us.

But we save ourselves
when we can come together
in LOVE not fear.






"Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn!"
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts