Post Vote Introspection


**I (early) voted today so I think this bit of rambling is the side effect of contributing to such a monumental election during an incredibly pivotal time in the world.    


     The last couple months I’ve been sensing those ol' winds of change. It always starts with a very gentle stirring simple enough to ignore and then becomes like an uneasiness. Or like I have had too much caffeine, which when I do only makes the butterfly wings in my heart beat faster. Then the other morning I woke up with my allergies raging just like when I lived in California and the Santa Ana winds would come sweeping through.  Hmmmmm I say, in between seismic sneezes. Be still I whisper to those tiny creatures of metamorphosis.  

     To say 'I've been sensing...' implies some electrifying current of intuition or that I have zero inkling as to why. Neither of which is accurate. Change IS coming in a couple of obvious ways... A) 2017 is quickly approaching with a whole new POTUS at the helm and... Secondly) I usually feel an undercurrent of tying up loose ends around this time of year. Yet, in terms of this year specifically, I've finally settled into all the upheaval that took place at the end of 2015 / start of 2016 (for me personally)... so I have more of a sense of uncertainty.

 

     So this time I've found myself wondering why impending change tends to make me feel this way. Is it purely my Cancerian nature and rising Taurus that tries to dig heels in and initially resist it? { before my Leo moon fire says ‘’I am woman here me roar... so move bitch – get out the way.”}
I think though it's more because I am a writer… maybe not professionally and maybe not a great one, but in my soul I am a writer. Aaaahhh… but so is the Universe. The Universe is the greatest author of all time in fact; especially gifted in the art of plot twist. That is not to say I think we are mere puppets acting out the parts written for us.  I believe we are co-writers with the Universe in our own novellas as well as a grand collective tome. But you work with, live with, love someone (or some collective source of energy) long enough and you get to know their cycles and rhythms and even soommmmmeetimes when the record is about to skip and they’re gonna yell PLOT TWIST. My pencil is poised and ready while sweating the possibility I will have writers block in the moment. It’s that uncertainty, that anticipation, that blank page of a whole new chapter that chatters away in the back of my mind and arouses the wing storm in my heart. {Like how I did that just there… wind storm /wing storm ?}

 

   I intellectually comprehend that change is nothing to fear.. I’m not even saying that I DO fear it, at all. I've made good friends with it in fact over the years. I am more trying to honor its weight. Potentiality is infinite in its beauty. It is also gravid, like 22 month elephant gestation gravid.


  

  

Comments

Popular Posts