There Are Mirrors Everywhere

    I follow the moon cycles for several reasons. I am a hippie. I am a Cancer. I am a woman. But also because she is a cheap therapist! Whether you buy into astrology or not, you can make a choice to read about the powerful themes that accompany each New and Full Moon. Maybe they will resonate with you, maybe they won't, but it's pretty cool when they do! That moment when you're reading what this moon in that sign supposedly signifies and it exactly explains everything you've been feeling or experiencing, is like "Yeeeaaaahhhh. Thank you. Someone gets it!"
It's a cool opportunity to look at yourself, your life and see what needs to shift --> how YOU need to wax or wane.


     This New Moon is going to be a Super Moon in the sign of Gemini. I find this fun(ny) because mere minutes before I read about it on my favorite site (MysticMamma) I was having a conversation about how the relationships in our lives are the best mirrors and our greatest teachers. Gemini is the sign of the twins, so self-reflection is hugely at play here. I made the observation that often times when we are so deeply affected, borderline consumed by what those closest to us are going through, it is because we are going through it too (whether we realize it or not). Think about that for a second. Think about times when you may have felt desperate in trying to help someone through some stretch of hell. Think about if maybe at that time you weren't actually trying to help yourself through that same struggle. Is your mind blown?
Mine was the first time I pieced it together. Even more mind-blowing was realizing the best way to help that person was to resolve and heal that wonky bit within myself.... because again, each of us is a reflection of one another in some way.
      I was also recently having a conversation with a friend who kept seeing people who looked identical to a friend that had been consciously cut from their life. My first thoughts were that there was either something unresolved in their friendship that was nagging at my friend or some thing - some characteristic (be it positive or negative) that needed to be examined within himself. I do not believe in coincidences. I believe his former friend's face kept reappearing for a reason. And what an fascinating realization that could be!
     I look at my reactions to people, to their circumstances, especially when I'm negatively triggered or consumed, and immediately look to myself. It's not always pretty or fun, but I believe it's important. "Physician, heal thyself." I have noticed over the last few years in particular that I have helped the people in my life the most not by my advice, but by my example. Looking within after 'reacting out' also keeps me accountable to my life's practice of the 4 Agreements: being impeccable with my word, not taking things personally, not making assumptions, and always doing my best.


Happy New Moon reflections my fellow unicorns. XO

     









Comments

Popular Posts