Get your Earth on

Foreword
For the subscribers to my other blog, The Rover, I apologize for the post rerun. I have made some edits though. To the rest of you, Welcome to Bella Says. I am CC Bella...a moniker I took from a jewelry store on Catalina Island, California because of my initials.
I started my first blog, The Rover, back in April of 2011 as I was planning my version of an Eat, Pray, Love experience. (The boom in the travel industry after that book was published must have been massive because of fans like me!) The blog followed me home through my day to day adventures, dating wins and fails and the like. Recently it became clear that my personal life, insights and relentless attempt at poetry should have its own space separate from my travels. You will get to know me better as the posts grow, but here's a brief intro. I am a writer, dancer, yogi, world traveler, music whore, tattoo collector, book nerd, and secret Superhero! In December of 2013 I left my life in Los Angeles and moved to England to be with my other half (Tom)...7 months after meeting him. Soooo yeah. Let's dig in, shall we?


Happy May Day.

 Beltane greetings.

What better to celebrate the halfway point between the Spring equinox and the Summer solstice than to dirty your feet?

Earthing (n): the process of absorbing earth’s free flowing electrons from its surface through the soles of one’s feet. (also known as grounding) 



First of all, yes! 


Secondly, this term came across the radar of the masses over the last couple years as a ‘thing’, a health fad that is equally praised and discounted all over the internet. Really?
One of the most basic, visceral and instinctive needs as a human to ditch the restraint of the modern encumbrances we call shoes to dig in the dirt, grip the grass, and spread our toes in the sand… to connect with something bigger than ourselves yet tangible is being touted as a health fad, as some new discovery? Even Dr Andrew Weil, the heir apparent to progressive Western medicine, cautiously weighed in on the topic acknowledging the benefits of bare foot stimulation but reserving further judgement till the research rolls in. Really?! While there may not be a plethora of studies accurately measuring the exchange and absorption of these free flowing electrons and the subsequent benefits to our physical health and overall wellbeing…do we truly need charts and graphs to prove that the overwhelming sense of healing (and just plain fucking awesome-ness) that overtakes you as soon as your naked feet reunite with the naked earth is actually doing you some good? Ummm NO! Or at least I hope you don’t need that kind of science to give you permission to readily heed such a primal urge and receive such an accessible gift. (We are here to partner and dance with the earth)


The above picture recently came across my awareness again after my other half,Tom, and I returned to England from our recent holiday in California.  I had been trying to process everything about the trip and looking for a relatively (relative to me) succinct way to describe it all. Bingo. 


It had been over a year since my last So Cal visit, and my battery life was hovering somewhere between 1-2%, if that. While living in England has been a dream come true in the most literal sense, as in living in the UK had been a dream of mine since 2007 and I made that a reality in 2013, it hasn’t exactly been a dream come true in the metaphorical sense. I felt my light dimming, as if beyond my control. I did what I could, but I just was not operating at full capacity. Es no bueno.


Then on the 7th day of our being in California, I hit 100% and could fully rest in my ‘return’. That sounds awfully biblical I realize as I read it back, but there it is. I sensed my energy coming back and my light getting brighter almost as soon as we hit the runway, but it was moments before I taught my (previously regular) yoga class that my soul sister and dear friend Rina said, “There you are. There’s my girl.” Like in the movie Hook where the little boy is playing with Robin William’s face and suddenly exclaims, “THERE you are Peter!” It was just like that. Even Tom was reunited with the woman he first fell in love with and the realization that he hadn’t seen her in a very long time hit him hard. 


Some may argue that it was simply being back in the United States, back in my Motherland as it were. But it wasn’t. Because I wouldn’t have received the same jolt had I visited Ohio, where I grew up, or Arizona, another home I dearly loved. California, as well as my kula within it, (a much cooler word for community) resonates with my energy vibration level and/or frequency… it resonates with it AND raises it. For those scratching their heads, rolling their eyes or cringing at such hippie jargon let me explain it this way; I don’t need an adapter to plug into the outlet. The voltage is the same. I just plug in, juice up and go! 


Hippie dippie shit aside, there are universal laws… basic quantum physics stuff, like everything in our universe is energy. At a sub-atomic level, there is energy – not matter. The Law of Vibration (precursor to Law of Attraction) is one such universality. It claims that everything in the Universe is moving/vibrating at varying speeds as well as frequencies.


Can you think of a time or place when you were able to tap into a compatible frequency and things just, flowed. When you can plug straight into that kind of outlet without needing to adapt or adjust, you feel your most alive, yet also your most calm, your most inspired, and your most magical. Or I guess, I shouldn't speak for you. That's how I feel. 
In my 13 years in California, I came into my own more than once. Three separate critical junctures stripped me down and forced me to get clear and honest. As is usually the case, exposure creates intimacy. California is my h..OM..e. 
(and it's calling me back)



Though my feet were dusty and black after Coachella, I did not spend the entire two and a half weeks without shoes. Ya know, dress codes and all. But I didn’t need to be. I still felt the reunion, connection and free exchange of electrons. I more than felt it, it transcended the physical act. Earthing at its best. 



'Always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn then ALWAYS be a Unicorn'
xoxox


Comments

  1. Catching up on my reading! Glad you saw my earthing post.. Loved this I'm all in on grounding ..keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts